Court Filings To Domesticate A Foreign Judgment

  1. The foreign judgment obtained outside of the United States must be filed with the clerk of the court and recorded in the public records of the county or counties where enforcement is sought.
    • The judgment creditor shall make and record with the clerk of the circuit court an affidavit setting forth the name, social security number, if known, and last known post-office address of the judgment debtor and the judgment creditor at the time of the recording of an out-of-country foreign judgment.
    • Immediately after recording the out-of-country foreign judgment and the affidavit, the clerk shall mail notice of the recording of the out-of-country foreign judgment to the judgment debtor at the address given in the affidavit, by registered mail with return receipt requested, and make a note of the mailing in the docket. The judgment creditor’s name and address, as well as the judgment creditor’s attorney’s name and address in this state, must be included in the notice. The judgment creditor may also mail a notification of the judgment’s recording to the judgment debtor and file proof of mailing with the clerk. If proof of mailing by the judgment creditor has been recorded, the clerk’s failure to mail notice of recording will have no bearing on the enforcement actions.


Marcadis Singer, PA
5104 South Westshore Blvd.,
Tampa, Florida.
Phone: (813) 288-1881

Close Popup

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By agreeing you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.

Close Popup
Share This